1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS The Rival, LLC., its affiliates and licensees (collectively, “The Rival,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), provide this platform www.therival.news and it’s licenses (collectively, the “Rival Website”, “website,” or “site”) as a destination for users to enjoy the content posted by us and other users and participate in discussion and commentary based on the content (collectively, the “Content”). By writing content for The Rival Website, you agree to abide by and be bound by Te Rival, LLC Terms and Conditions, the Account Registration Terms and Conditions, and these Contributors Terms.
2. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS We may need to make changes to these Terms for many reasons. You should look at these Contributors Terms regularly, which are posted on the Rival Website and are accessible via a link at the bottom of every page. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, and you agree (including by virtue of your continued use of our site) to be bound by any such changes. Material changes to these Terms are effective automatically 30 days after they are initially posted.
3. TERMINATION OF USE We reserve the right to terminate your access to our site for any reason, and to take any other actions that The Rival, in its sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of our company and of our users as a whole.
4. YOUR CONTENT You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of publishing or posting them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Contributors Terms and The Rival, LLC Terms and Conditions; (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (ii) publish misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, depicts nudity, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You understand that when you submit content in any form to The Rival we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other Rival-branded environments.
5. VOLUNTEERING OF SERVICES By blogging, writing, or contributing content to The Rival, it is mutually and expressly understood that you are volunteering and donated your time to The Rival. As a volunteer, it is mutually and expressly understood that: (i) you are not entitled to nor expect any present or future salary, wages, or other benefits for these voluntary services; (ii) you agree to follow the supervision and direction of any personnel, employee or volunteer, to whom you have been assigned to perform services, of The Rival; (iii) by volunteering you will not be considered an employee of The Rival for any purposes, including tort claims and injury compensation; (iv) volunteer is responsible for injuries to third parties or damages to their property while acting outside the scope of assigned volunteer duties and will be held personally liable for any monetary damages a court may award to the injured party; (v) you will fully cooperate with The Rival and its agents in any investigation, lawsuit, arbitration, or any other legal or quasi-legal proceedings that arise from the matters covered by this agreement and you agree to notify us immediately of any incident that occurs or may occur which involves The Rival.
6. THE RIVAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND SEVERABILITY By blogging, writing, or contributing content to The Rival, you are bound by the full Terms and Conditions to our site, the Account Registration Terms and Conditions and these Contributors Terms.
7. NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY The Rival does not discriminate in the selection of its bloggers, writers, and contributors on the basis of race, ethnicity or gender. Any provision in any agreement that purports to discriminate on the bases of race, ethnicity, geographic location or gender, even if handwritten, typed or otherwise made a part of a particular agreement or policy is hereby rejected.
8. RESOLUTION OF CLAIMS In an attempt to find the quickest and most efficient resolution of any issues between you and The Rival, you and The Rival agree to first discuss any issue informally for at least 45 days. To do that, please send your full name and contact information, your concern and your proposed solution by mail to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. HEADINGS The paragraph headings in these Contributors Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.